It’s time for another Stamping Techniques 101 Blog Tour with the Global Design Team and this month we are using the Watercolor Resist Technique.
I love doing these blog tours each month as I love doing different techniques and sharing them with you! It also means I add another page to my Technique Book too!
I love to do the embossing resist technique and this is just another spin on that. Here’s my card for this month …
Hopefully it’s not too bright for you … I’m having terrible trouble with Lemon Lime Twist! It seems I need to use it on just about every card I do!
Watercolor Resist Quick Steps …
- Swipe Embossing Buddy all over your card (this removes static and oils so your powder wont stick where it’s not supposed to)
- Ink up stamp in Versamark Ink and stamp onto card.
- Sprinkle white or clear embossing powder over where you stamped. Shake off excess & tip back into pot
- Heat set your images
- Using an Aqua Painter and the ink from the lid of the ink pad and paint over the images.
- Watch those images pop!
You can do this with all sorts of images – large texts or sentiments are great for this technique but I wanted to do something a little different with this technique. So you really can use it with all sorts of images.
All my stamps came from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Stamp set except for the little ribbons on the balloon strings – that little stamp came from Swirly Bird.
Now lets hop around and see what the other girls have created for you this week
Here’s the complete list for you …
- France Martin – USA
- Sandi MacIver – Canada
- Leonie Schroder – Australia (you are here!)
- Carmen Sahadat-Morris – Netherlands
- Heike Vass – Germany
- Michelle Last – UK
Enjoy hopping around and marvelling at what the ladies have made for you this month.
Thanks for stopping by …
Register here for my Newsletter
Shop Online 24/7 – Use Hostess Code E6AUG4Z6 to receive your free Gift
Host a party and earn the exclusive Merry Patterns Stamp Set!
Want it all? Join my Team and save on all your orders!
Order the Starter Kit in August & you can select from the Holiday Catalogue too!
Need a Holiday Catalogue – request yours here