Good Morning and welcome to another Stamping Techniques 101 International Blog Hop! This month we are sharing ways to use the new Stampin Blends Alcohol Markers.
Stampin’ Blends are the new premier alcohol markers from Stampin’ Up!
They are high-quality, alcohol-based, dual-tip (Brush and Fine Tip) markers and come in 12 exclusive Stampin’ Up! colours. Each colour comes in 2 shades (Light & Dark) to give you the best blending experience out there.
You can purchase them as a single marker, combo pack (2) or, if you are like me, in a full set (cos you will need to have them all!)
I’m a bit excited to show you my card for today’s blog hop. I was thinking about the Stampin’ Blends and trying to think of an easy but different way to use them. I think I’ve achieved just that! Here’s my card …
I’ve used my Stampin Blends to do the background on this card as well as the colouring on the sweet little bird.
How did she do that?
- Spritz cardstock (use whisper white or glossy white) finely with water, place in Dynamic Embossing folder and run through Big Shot. Spritzing your cardstock with water will soften the fibres in your cardstock and prevent it from tearing when using the deep Dynamic Folders.
- Allow card to dry then colour embossed image with Stampin’ Blends. Use the lighter colour first then lightly highlight with the darker colour and blend again with the lighter colour.
- Cut piece to size, layer and assemble card.
- To colour the bird I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black then coloured along edges with the light Blends pen then used the colour lifter to soften the edges.
Now I also have a couple of frugal tips from making this card ….
- firstly when you need a layer for you sentiment and using the some colour as one of your card layers simply cut your shape from your mat.
- Your cut out shape will be covered by the top layer so no one will see it and no one will know and it will save you cardstock and give you more money to spend on stamps during Sale-a-bration!
I hope you find that tip useful!
Now it’s time to head onto Libby’s blog for the next stop on the Stamping Techniques 101 Blog Hop …
Here’s the complete list of all the designers participating this month …
- Amanda Fowler
- Ann Craig
- Carmen Sahadat-Morris
- Delys Cram
- Heike Vass
- Leonie Schroder (you are here!)
- Libby Dyson
- Pam Jorgensen
- Robin Merriman
- Tamra Davis
Be sure to stop by and give them some comment ‘love‘!
Thanks for stopping by …