Good Morning & Welcome to another Stamping Techniques 101 Blog Hop! This month we are all doing the Painted Acrylic Handle/Block Technique.
Now when I first saw the name of this technique I wondered what on earth an Acrylic Handle was! Then I found out it was our Acrylic Blocks – funny how we all have different names for one product!
Here’s what I’ve created for you today ..
Painted Acrylic Block Technique
This is a quick and wonderful technique and quite easy to do with just a few a products required.
What you’ll need …
- Acrylic Block
- Stampin Write Markers
- Stampin Spritzer (with water)
- Shimmery White Cardstock or Watercolour Paper
Technique How to …
- Clean your block and colour randomly with markers – use 2 or 3 colours
- Spritz block with water & tilt block to blend colours
- Stamp block onto cardstock and give it a good press all over
- Lift block and leave to dry or dry with Heat Tool
Once you’ve done your background piece you simply work out what stamps to use over the top.
I used Peekaboo Peach, Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist markers to colour on my block then I stamped the Rose from Graceful Garden and heat embossed with copper embossing powder.
Now lets head over and see what the other girls have created for you using the Painted Acrylic Block/Handle technique …
- France Martin – USA
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Leonie Schroder – Australia (you are here!)
- Carmen Sahadat-Morris – Netherlands
- Michelle Last – UK
Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy this month’s Blog Hop and give this Technique a go.