Good Morning and welcome to another Stamping Techniques 101 Blog Hop
This month we are all doing a little Heat Embossing for you!
I do love Heat Embossing as there’s so many different ways to use this technique and people just go “Wow” the first time they see it!
For today’s post I’ve used the emboss resist technique …
I love this technique as it’s easy to do and the images just pop.
How did she do that?
- Gather your supplies – Cardstock, Embossing buddy, Versamark Ink, Embossing Powder, Sponges, Stamp (solid images work best) and Heat Gun.
- Swipe your piece of cardstock with your embossing buddy and shake off excess.
- Stamp image in Versamark onto cardstock.
- Cover image with Embossing Powder, shake off excess and pour back into pot. Heat set embossing powder till melted.
- Allow image to cool and sponge over you image lightly in your chosen ink colour and watch those images pop!
Heat Embossing tips …
- use the embossing buddy to remove any oils or static from cardstock
- if you have any odd embossing powder remain after shaking off use a soft paint brush to remove
- do not hold your heat gun too close to your cardstock as it will burn. Hold about 4″ or 10cm from your work
- start your sponging lightly – it’s easier to add colour than it is to take it away
I used a vanilla card base and just used clear embossing powder to bring out the vanilla foliage. I sponged first in Soft Sky then went over that around the edges in Island Indigo. Using the two colours in my sponging creates more depth to the card.
The foliage Stamp comes from the new Flirty Flowers Stamp Set and the sentiment comes from the Beautiful You Stamp Set. Be sure to check at the end of my post for all the supplies used.
Now it’s time to check out what the other ladies have made for you ….
- France Martin – USA
- Sandi MacIver – Canada
- Leonie Schroder – Australia (you are here!)
- Carmen Sahadat-Morris – Netherlands
- Heike Vass – Germany
- Michelle Last – UK
I do hop you enjoy all the gorgeous creations the girls have for you this month and hope, too, that if you havent done heat embossing before to give it a go. If you need to ‘see’ it let me know and I’m more than happy to do a video for you – I may even do it at my weekly Facebook Live video’s on my Stamp A Latte Facebook Page on Tuesdays at 11am Sydney time.
Thanks for stopping by …
Register here for my Newsletter
Shop Online 24/7 – Use Hostess Code GXD7E9J6 to receive your free Gift
It’s Bonus Days – earn coupons in July and redeem in August!
Want it all? Join my Team and save on all your orders!
Receive your free Essentials Gift Pack ($121 Value) when you join in July!
Project Supplies ..