Good Morning … well today I’m at Luna Park in Sydney to attend On Stage Sydney – an event put on by Stampin’ Up! for their Demonstrators. So it was apt that I post this card today using the Beautiful Day Stamp Set
This card has been sitting on my desk, patiently waiting to be photographed since I held my Beautiful Brusho Class back in January! It’s a patient little Butterfly dont you think? The ladies loved making all the cards with the Brush Crystal Colour Powders. They all turned out so different even though they used the same supplies and instructions. I love that about Brusho!
I love the Beautiful Day Stamp set for it’s bold images and sweet sentiments. It’s a simple stamp set of just 5 stamps but so lovely to work with for all sorts of Techniques – not just with Brusho! The images are great embossed onto Vellum and coloured using the Stained Glass window technique or simply stamped onto whisper white and coloured with the Stampin’ Blends.
Here’s how I did this card …
- Stamp and Heat Embossed the Butterflies in White onto Watercolour Paper.
- Sprinkle the Brilliant Red, Gamboge and Yellow powders lightly on the card then spritzed with water.
- Let the colours run a little and the areas I wanted a little lighter I dabbed with a paper towel.
- I let the card dry naturally. However, if you are time poor you can dry your card with your heat tool. You can also push your water and colours around a bit with the heat tool as well.
- My background is then layered onto a Calypso Coral Card Base
- My sentiment was stamped onto a scrap piece of Watercolour Paper that I’d applied the same Brusho colours to and then cut out with the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
On Stage Sydney
So you may be wondering why today is going to be so ‘Beautiful’ for me. Well, as I said, it’s On Stage Sydney at Luna Park. I love our city and being right next to the harbour and the Sydney Harbour Bridge is beautiful enough. However, at this On Stage we get to see the upcoming Annual Catalogue! It was this time last year when I was presenting the Daisy Delight Bundle for all to see. It was so hard to keep that under wraps as it’s a gorgeous suite and I cant wait to see what is coming in June in the new Annual Catalogue!
Attending On Stage also means I get to catch up with my extended Team that I dont see very often and it also means I can catch up with my dear Demonstrator Friends and chat endlessly about our love of Stampin’ Up! and all the new products and tools coming!
This picture is my dear friend, Ann Craig and I and was snapped after the event had finished. It was a lovely sunny day and what a perfect back drop! We will have to do another take this year so I can do a ‘then’ and ‘now’ page!
Thanks for stopping by …
Shop with me in April & go in the draw to win …